Saturday 1 May 2010

Upgrading to ubuntu lucid x64 and Lotus Notes

Today, I upgraded my trusty lenovo T400 from ubuntu karmic koala x64 to lucid lynx x64.
The upgrade went pretty smoothly but I had to re-install my ATI drivers.

Problem I had was that after the upgrade Lotus Notes 8.5.1 no longer worked!

In order to get a better understanding of what may be happening I opened a terminal and typed:

cd /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/framework
../notes

This indicated that there was a missing library - libesd0

To get Lotus Notes working again, all I did was

sudo getlibs -p libesd0

And it worked again.

Since I did an upgrade my assumption is therefore that my previous post about getting Lotus Notes working on karmic x64 will still work with this single addition.

I tried this on a brand new KVM/QEMU virtualised machine running ubuntu 10.04 x64 and found that those instructions together with the fix above will give you a running Notes 8.5.1 on lucid x64

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I ran into the same problem.

    ReplyDelete